Monday 14 February 2011

Film Rating

After considering what material my film will involve as a whole, and not just the opening. I have decided to give my film Classmates a certificate 12. A 12 rating is the category which is awarded where the material and content of a film is suitable, in general, for those aged 12 and over. Discriminatory language or behaviour must not be endorsed by the work as a whole. A 12 should not dwell on danger and sexual activity may be briefly and discretely portrayed. Frequent crude comments are unacceptable. – Information selected from http://www.bbfc.co.uk/
My film opening would not be given a 12 certificate as it does not contain any bad language, sexual comments etc. My whole film however would contain some scenes of bad language and possible crude comments.  I had to look at my target audience when deciding on the rating of my film. Classmates is a romantic comedy and the target age range is comparable to most Rom coms which is around the ages of 12-24.
An example of a new upcoming film which rating has been decided on is Fertile Ground. Directed by Adam Geirasch, this film has been rated an 18 due to its strong blood and violence throughout. The film was released in the UK on the 11th of September 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure your comments are appropriate.